Manchester Rangers Community Foundation (MRCF) are looking to recruit a passionate and enthusiastic Development Officer to join our team, delivering sports coaching to the Manchester and wider area. Our Foundation works with several schools and organisations across Manchester and provides both Rugby League and general sports coaching to a wide range of participants.
Job Role and responsibilities:
The Development Officer will be responsible for delivering sessions in accordance with the MRCF strategy, adhering to all policies and procedures in place at MRCF. The Development Officer will strive to grow relationships with partner organisations and the wider community by maintaining high lAevels of quality within delivery.
• Plan and prepare high quality Rugby League and general sports coaching sessions that are engaging and fun for all participants
• Deliver to a wide range of participants of all ages, gender and abilities within the relevant setting. Sessions may take place in schools, colleges, universities, community clubs or community events.
• Ensure that they are up to date with all safeguarding, equal opportunities and health and safety policies and procedures.
• Maintain both a high quality of session and safe working environment for all participants.
• Collect and report participation data.
• Accurately follow the MRCF risk assessment procedure for each session.
• Current UKCC Level 2 in Coaching Rugby League or can provide evidence to show you are working towards this.
• Subject to an enhanced DBS check.
• NGB recognised safeguarding qualification (desirable).
• Valid UK driving license.
• Experience in delivering sports sessions to a wide range of participants.
• Experience in coaching in a school environment (desirable).
• Passion for delivering high quality sports sessions.
• Commitment to equal opportunities in the workplace environment and within coaching sessions.
Further training will be provided for the right candidate.
Salary and Hours:
The salary will be paid at the National Living Wage of £8.21/ph for 32.5hrs per week.
The development officer will receive 28 days paid leave per year, inclusive of Bank Holidays
Statutory Sick Pay:
The development officer will be entitled to Statutory Sick Pay
To apply for this role, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org FAO Foundation Manager